I’ve had dozens of parents come up to me and say, “Hey, you’re the feeding doctor, right? What’s your website name again?”
While I loved Family Feeding Dynamics, because it included the “family”, it showed how feeding is also a “dynamic” process that changes from day to day, year to year, child to child, and included “feeding dynamics” which is the name that Ellyn Satter uses to describe the feeding relationship. But, it was time to accept what you all have been telling me, and change the name.
What else will change?
- Not much! The Feeding Doctor will be the site for parents. I will continue to blog in the same sciencey, but low-key and reassuring manner. I’ll share recipes, research, outrage, “Crazy Mealtime Theater” installations…
- I will try to beef-up resources for parents under the Downloads page. Working on snack and meal idea PDFs, have some “lunchbox card” PDFs in the making, and notes for doctors and more! Stay tuned!
- Facebook will move to The Feeding Doctor for parent support, quick links and sharing when I’m too busy for a full post.
- I will try to include more support and resources for adopting and fostering families. I have been asked if I would host a forum for parents to support and share resources with one another with feeding challenges. (Are you interested? Let me know!)
- I am considering selling hats through the website, and downloadable PDFs on content, with a Special Needs (oral motor, sensory) PDF and workbook for Transitioning to the Trust Model which will as much of the support I give my clients as possible.
- Family Feeding Dynamics website will stay up, no blog, and will be the touch-point for physicians for client referral, and also for scheduling speaking and workshops.
So, I hope you will follow me to this new site and facebook! I thank you for your loyalty, your comments, your insightful comments that teach and challenge me every day, and your willingness to share your wisdom and experiences with me and with others!