“My friend just called me and said her daughter was not allowed to go to recess today because she broke the rule of bringing an “unhealthy” food to snack. She brought a homemade chocolate chip cookie.”
What Parents are Saying…
She’s a different child, and I’m a different mother.
Working with Katja has made our days so much easier!
I can look forward to dinner again!
I get to be a mom, not a food cop!
Her obsession with food is gone, and my obsession with it all is too. We are both so much happier.
Recent Blog Posts
"childhood obesity" "obesity" active bodies adoption adult eating allergies autism spectrum body-image books call to action childhood nutrition eating disorders eating out ellyn satter family meals feeding disorder feeding tips food obsession fostering gear infants and young toddlers interesting people in the news kids in the kitchen moms share money-saver musings nutrition education picky eating poverty product mention random hints reader questions recipes selective eating sensory snacks space-saver sweets the science time-saver toddlers and preschoolers vegetarian video weight bias
Top Blog Discussions
- what 10 things should every high-schooler know how to cook? (61)
- “Just don’t bring it into the house!” Questionable things experts say #5 (57)
- Baby Led Weaning (or starting solids) book review and nutritionist weighs in (with her 7 month old daughter!) (54)
- diet soda a “preferred” drink for your toddler… (54)
- my article on banishing “should” from eating, and my own “should” battles (52)
- Marie Claire promotes disordered eating (51)