M really likes this easy cucumber salad. We enjoy it too. M can pour the ingredients of the dressing into the bowl at age 3. It can sit for a few hours, or served the next day. M likes it in little tupperware containers in her lunch at daycare.
- 1 (or more cucumbers)
- 3 Tbspns rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbspn vegetable or olive oil (optional)
- a few drops sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tspns table sugar (can adjust all ingredients to taste...)
- Peel and slice one cucumber in half. May leave the seeds in or scoop them out with a teaspoon. (Some find the seeds are hard to digest, some kids may not like the seeds.) Slice the cucumber thinly. May also add chopped red pepper for color, or shallots (mild onion) or even some napa cabbage (sticking with the Asian influence.) We all enjoy plain cucumber for now.