What Parents are Saying…
I get to be a mom, not a food cop!
Another huge food breakthrough!
Working with Katja has made our days so much easier!
I can look forward to dinner again!
Recent Blog Posts
- “Eat it, no don’t you dare eat it!” Confusion and pressure undermines eating skills and trust.
- What’s the Best Baby-Feeding Guide? Your Baby!
- Touching story of progress with selective eating
- When a challenging, “She won’t like it” dish is for dinner (plus Thai Basil Noodle Salad recipe)
- latest Huffington Post blog on “expert advice”
"childhood obesity" "obesity" active bodies adoption adult eating allergies autism spectrum body-image books call to action childhood nutrition eating disorders eating out ellyn satter family meals feeding disorder feeding tips fostering gear infants and young toddlers interesting people in the news kids in the kitchen moms share money-saver musings nutrition education picky eating poverty product mention random hints reader questions recipes selective eating sensory snacks space-saver sweets the science time-saver toddlers and preschoolers vegetarian video weight bias Worry Cycle
Top Blog Discussions
- “Healthy Girl Adventure Club”: fat-shaming and promoting disordered eating… (76)
- what 10 things should every high-schooler know how to cook? (59)
- “Just don’t bring it into the house!” Stupid things experts say #5 (57)
- Baby Led Weaning (or starting solids) book review and nutritionist weighs in (with her 7 month old daughter!) (53)
- diet soda a “preferred” drink for your toddler… (53)
- my article on banishing “should” from eating, and my own “should” battles (51)